September 5, 2017
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
September 5, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of September 5, 2017 to order at 7:15pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Rita and Lowell Rader were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Rita Rader asked the Trustees what has been done with the zoning violation against Carl & Gerlinda Salyers at 2515 SR 752, Ashville. Mr. Welsh explained that the Trustees issued a violation in May 2016 and a second violation in June 2016. In July 2016 the Trustees passed a resolution to send this to the County Prosecutor’s office to proceed with the violation. In April 2017 the Prosecutor’s office was contacted again regarding this zoning violation and acknowledged at that time that they had not been able to get to it.
- National Lime & Stone is going to ask for a variance to erect a larger sign than our on-site size limitation allows.
- Kevin asked for Friday afternoon off and he will be out of town on Saturday, Sept 8-9. The Trustees approved this time off.
- The parking lot at the Township building needs to have cracks filled and sealer applied. The Trustees asked Kevin to fill the cracks and apply sealer to the parking lot.
- The septic tank need to be emptied again. Kevin is to call Wheeler’s to empty the tank.
- Kevin would like to get a stainless steel toolbox for the back of the road truck. The cost is $535.00 and we have a credit of $310.00 so the final cost will be $225.00. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to purchase this toolbox and Mr. Clark seconded it. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- Kevin reported that the last two times Gator John has serviced the portable toilets at the cemetery, he has found spoons and syringes and many beer cans. After some discussion, Mr. Welsh made a motion to have the portable toilet removed from the cemetery at the end of this year. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- Kevin would like to attend a class on September 27 for Industrial Vegetation Spraying. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to have Kevin attend this class for $95.00. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- Some of the materials for the signs for the ODOT grant are beginning to arrive.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief did not have any matters requiring action by the Trustees.
- The Insurance Committee has met twice. Because the rates, deductibles and liability to the employees and the township are totally different than what is now being paid, the Firefighter’s Union is meeting tonight and will probably ask the Trustees to open the Union Contract to discuss the employee portion of insurance. The cost of insurance for 2018 is going to have a significant effect on the 2018 township budget.
Mr. Clark was not feeling well and left the meeting at 8:10pm.
- The Trustees discussed the new breakdown of amounts owed by County entities to finance the County Health Department which was sent by the County Auditor.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE NEW 60/40 SPLIT AS PRESENTED BY THE COUNTY AUDITOR TO FINANCE THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT IN 2018 AND AUTHORIZE MR. DEFELICE TO VOTE TO ACCEPT THESE RATES AT THE UPCOMING TRUSTEE AND FISCAL OFFICER’S MEETING. HARRISON TOWNSHIP’S PORTION WILL BE $13,755.48 FOR 2018. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-70.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
August 15, 2017 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of August 15, 2017 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-71.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE AMOUNTS AND RATES AS DETERMINED BY THE BUDGET COMMISSION AND AUTHORIZING THE NECESSARY TAX LEVIES AND CERTIFYING THEM TO THE COUNTY AUDITOR FOR THE FISCAL YEAR COMMENCING JANUARY 1, 2018. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted. Roll call: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes. The motion passed and R17-72 was approved.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the September 5, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:25pm.