September 17, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
September 17, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of September 17, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also in attendance were Trish Bennett, Sharlene Edgington, Shawn & Lisa Davidson, Steve & Judy Humble, Beau Ramey, Patrick Davidson, Chad Noggle, Alex Keefe, Colt Cline, Chad Walker, Jonathan Schmidt, Dustin Widmayer and Randy Arledge.
FIRE CHIEF: RETIREMENT AND PROMOTION
- The Chief asked Steve Humble to come forward and the Trustees presented him with a clock plaque and thanked him for his 24 years of service to the Harrison Township Fire Department.
- The Chief asked Shawn and Lisa Davidson to come forward and congratulated Shawn on his promotion to Lieutenant in charge of Unit 1. The Chief presented Shawn with a gold badge and asked his wife to pin it on him. The Trustees congratulated Shawn on his promotion.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Mr. Peters explained to Randy Arledge that he has talked to Jason from Harral and Stevenson regarding the Northern Lockbourne Eastern ditch project. The delay is in getting the paperwork signed and returned from the residents. Once they have all of the signatures required they will put the project out for bid. It looks like it will be early winter or later before they can start.
- A second notice of zoning violation has been sent to Danny K and Teresa L Bailey on Lockbourne Eastern Road and a copy was sent to the Prosecutor’s office.
- Jayme from the Prosecutor’s office has sent a letter to Pavel and Taisa Burdak on Bulen Pierce Road regarding their zoning violation.
- Roads have been mowed and the cemetery is in good shape. Kevin is almost done painting the building at the cemetery.
At 7:20pm Chief Edgington asked to go into executive session to discuss personnel matters. Mr. Welsh made a motion to go into executive session. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to enter into executive session.
At 7:25 Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to leave executive session.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief asked the Trustees to make a ruling on how sick time was to be transferred between employees.
A RESOLUTION TO CLARIFY THAT SICK TIME BETWEEN FIREFIGHTERS CAN BE TRANSFERRED FOR EACH PAYDAY, AS NEEDED, AND ONLY AFTER THE RECEIVING EMPLOYEE HAS USED ALL SICK, VACATION AND COMP TIME. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-82.
- When a full time firefighter purchases a Class A Uniform, the Department pays $200.00 of the cost. If a firefighter has already purchased a Class A Uniform as a part time firefighter, should we pay him/her the $200.00 toward the uniform if he/she is hired as a full time firefighter? Mr. Welsh made a motion to pay each new full time firefighter $200.00 towards their Class A Uniform and Mr. Clark seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve.
- The financing for the 2013 Medic was put out to bid to Citizens, Kingston and Savings Banks. The Savings Bank offered the best rate for four years at 2.75%.
A RESOLUTION TO BORROW $132,000.00 FROM THE SAVINGS BANK TO PURCHASE A 2013 AMBULANCE FROM HORTON EMERGENCY VEHICLES. THE NOTE WILL BE PAID IN FOUR ANNUAL PAYMENTS OF PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST AT THE RATE OF 2.75%. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion. Roll call: Mr. Peters, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. Resolution 13-83 was approved.
A RESOLUTION TO MAKE A PERMANENT APPROPRIATION FROM THE FIRE FUND TO 2111-760-750-0000 MOTOR VEHICLES FOR $165,914.51 TO PAY FOR THE 2013 HORTON MEDIC AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-84.
- Mr. Peters attended the Trustee and Fiscal Officer’s meeting and it was suggested that we create a policy for indigent burials for township residents.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
- September 3, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 3, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- A letter was sent to every employee regarding medical insurance. The letter was from Ohio Insurance and is required by law to be sent by October 1, 2013.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-85.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the September 17, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.