October 4, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
October 4, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of October 4, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Zoning Inspector Doug Czako was absent. Assistant Prosecutor Jayme Fountain arrived at 8:00.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None.
ZONING INSPECTOR: Nothing to report.
- Kevin asked for four hours off on October 19 and 20. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve this time off. The Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this motion.
- There is a hole in Bulen Pierce just north of SR 762 that was caused by the heavy rain last week. The county put a metal plate over the hole. Mr. DeFelice asked Sam’s Excavating for an estimate to repair the damage and they submitted a proposal for $2850.00.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE SAM’S EXCAVATING TO REPAIR THE HOLE IN BULEN PIERCE ROAD AS STATED ON THE PROPOSAL FOR $2850.00 FROM 2021-330-360-0000. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-73.
- The new Roads Department Truck is ready at Coughlin Ford. Mr. DeFelice is willing to go with Kevin to sign the required documents. Mr. Welsh moved to allow Mr. DeFelice to sign the documents at Coughlin Ford regarding the delivery of the new truck. Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- The BWC Safety Grant of $2755.19 has been deposited into our checking account and the items may now be purchased. The Township portion is $918.40. The Monument mover will be charged to Cemetery 2041-760-740-0000 for $1647.81. The Post Puller, Channel Driver and Gas Driver will be charged equally to the Cemetery 2041-760-740-0000 and Roads 2031-760-740-0000 for $1012.89 each. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- Mr. Clark received a question from John Horsley regarding the purchase of a cemetery plot for the burial of someone who is currently buried in Floral Hills Cemetery. The person in question was a resident of Harrison Township at the time of his death, so the Trustees agreed that his plot and opening/closing would be at the resident rates. His wife’s urn will also be buried in the grave and the Trustees said there would be no additional opening/closing charge for the urn if buried at the same time. If additional plots are purchased at the same time, residency of the purchaser would determine rates for those plots.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Assistant Prosecutor has stated that it is fine to add the Parallel Equity 457 Plan as an option as long as the township is not incurring any fees for the plan, is not required to attend meetings and the plan is optional for the employees. According to the documents, it appears the township would pay some fees. The Trustees asked the clerk to invite William Greear from Parallel to the next meeting to answer questions.
- The new radios should be in by the end of October. The Chief asked about trading our radios with other departments that have older radios which he could turn in. The Trustees agreed to this as long as we are able to trade in the older radios without affecting the price.
- We have received the Ohio Insurance renewal for medical insurance for 2017 from Ohio Insurance. Option 1 is a 12.4% renewal increase. Option 2 is a 6.2% renewal increase with the township paying a $1000.00 ADR per insured employee.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT OPTION #2 MEDICAL INSURANCE RENEWAL FOR 2017 WITH A 6.2% INCREASE PLUS $1000.00 ADR PER ENROLLED EMPLOYEE. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-74.
- Auditor of State Bulletin 2016-004 regarding Credit Card Cash Withdrawals and Policies was discussed with the Fire Chief and Roads Superintendent.
- The Rickenbacker Progress Update will be held Wednesday, October 12, 2016.
- The Pickaway County Historical Society has requested a donation. The Trustees chose to send a $25.00 donation to the Ashville Area Heritage Society instead. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
- The Trustees discussed the need to write employee handbooks and agreed to meet on Wednesday, October 26th at 2:00pm to prepare a draft for the employee handbooks.
- The OTARMA Board is seeking nominees for the upcoming OTARMA Board of Directors’ election.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
September 20, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 20, 2016 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The clerk would like to purchase a Sony Voice Recorder for $48.79 and AAA batteries to have on hand for future meetings that the Trustees may decide to record. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this purchase.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R16-75.
At 8:00 Assistant Prosecutor Jayme Fountain arrived.
At 8:03pm Mr. DeFelice made a motion to go into executive session to discuss a legal matter with the Assistant Prosecutor. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Clark, yes.
At 8:08pm Mr. DeFelice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. Clark, yes.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the October 4, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.