October 1, 2019
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
October 1, 2019
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Mike Freeman called the Regular Trustee Meeting of October 1, 2019 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Visitors present were Chris Mullin and Steve Hawkins.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Chris Mullins from the County Engineer’s Office presented his recommendation for Michel’s repairs which include a full depth repair and overlay on Ashville Pike north of Shepherd Road and overlay and repair of all driveway aprons and ditches on Shepherd Road. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to approve Chris’s recommendation for these repairs and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Steve Hawkins came to express thanks for the Trustees’ support during the vote for the Board of Health budget increase. He also explained some of the projects the Board of Health is providing.
- Dale Hoover has received a zoning application for a 60 x 80 pole barn at 9859 Shepherd Road.
- The Appeals Board approved the building of the 2nd home at 11525 Bulen Pierce Road.
- Kevin requested off October 2nd for a doctor appointment.
- Kevin also stated that he would be leaving early on October 4 for an appointment without pay.
- Kevin requested the afternoons of October 16th and 17th off as vacation. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded to approve October 16th and 17th half days off as vacation. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FOR EIGHTY-THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($83,000.00) FROM THE ROAD FUND TO ROAD VEHICLE ACCOUNT AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-93.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE EIGHTY-TWO THOUSAND, FIVE-HUNDRED AND FORTY-SEVEN DOLLARS AND FIFTY CENTS ($82,547.50) TO RICART FORD FOR THE PURCHASE OF A NEW FORD F-550 TRUCK WITH SNOW PLOW AND DUMP. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-94.
- Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to approve the purchase of a ladder and tarp from the Roads Equipment Account for the new Ford 550 truck in the amount of $1,524.00. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Darryl inquired about what to do with the old steam pressure washer. The Trustees will list it for sale when they list the old snowplow for sale.
- Darryl asked about buying a toolbox for the new truck and the Trustees asked him to get prices.
- Darryl said he could replace the light fixture in the office of the Roads/Cemetery Building for under $40.00. The Trustees approved.
- Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded to approve installing new baseboard heaters for the office and the bathroom with thermostatic control not to exceed $250.00. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Chief Noggle stated that Amie Morningstar has resigned as of October 1, 2019 and Beau Ramey has resigned as of September 25, 2019.
- Taner Smith started his FTO on September 30, 2019
- Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to cease all negotiation regarding the sale of the fire station unless we receive an offer of at least 1.4 million dollars. Without a minimum offer of 1.4 million, we will begin looking at options for adding on to the existing building in 2020. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Prosecutor Judy Wolford’s response to the parking liability during the election is that there is no liability to the township.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE JARED CONNER AS ROAD SUPERINTENDENT/BUILDING CUSTODIAN BEGINNING OCTOBER 21, 2019 WITH A STARTING WAGE OF $16.50 PER HOUR, WITH A ONE YEAR PROBATION PERIOD. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-95.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
September 17, 2019 Regular Meeting: Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of September 17, 2019 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE TWENTY-FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($25,000.00) SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM GENERAL FUND TO GENERAL TRANSFER OUT ACCOUNT AND TO APPROVE THE INTERFUND TRANSFER OF TWENTY- FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($25,000.00) FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO CEMETERY FUND. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-96.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-97.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the October 1, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:32pm.