November 6, 2019
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 6, 2019
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Mike Freeman called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 6, 2019 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Dale Hoover was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott gave the report for Zoning and stated that we received a zoning application from Gary Moore at 3535 Miller Road, Ashville for a 12 x 16 accessory building.
- Jared Conner stated that Hoover Road patching was completed.
- It was decided that the 1993 dump truck/snow plow and steamer/pressure washer will be sold and that Lindsay Mayse can list in on Facebook Marketplace.
- The minimum starting bid for the truck will be $7,000 and bids must be received by the December 3rd meeting at 7:00 pm.
- Darryl Ward requested a new bed liner for the old red dump truck. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded to approve up to $500 toward the purchase of a bed liner for the red dump truck. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- The columbarium pricing was discussed and then tabled to the next meeting. Dr. Freeman stated that he will call Assistant Prosecutor Jamie Fontaine to discuss the wording for residential pricing.
- Darryl Ward stated that he got a quote from Ralph Williams to cut tree in the cemetery that is a safety issue. The quote was for $250 to trim tree and haul away. The Trustees approved having this done.
- Darryl Ward all stated that he called Adam Peters regarding snow plow fence on corner of Bulen Pierce and Weigand Road.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS ($15,000) FROM FIRE: SALARIES PART-TIME TO FIRE: REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE AND ISSUE A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME. Mr. Welsh moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-102.
- The Chief’s vehicle has arrived and is awaiting decals to be applied.
- Chief Noggle stated that they will be purchasing scaffolding to use on commercial vehicles during accidents.
- The Chief asked to go into executive session to discuss the applicant for full-time firefighter.
Dr. Freeman made a motion to go into executive session at 10:15am to discuss the applicants for the position of full-time firefighter. Assistant Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse was invited to join this session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
At 10:25am Mr. DeFelice made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT ALEXANDER OWENS AS A FULL-TIME FIREFIGHTER BEGINNING NOVEMBER 24, 2019 AT THE CURRENT CONTRACT WAGE, CONTINGENT UPON PASSING THE OP&FPF PHYSICAL AND STRESS TEST. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R 19-103.
- Mr. DeFelice will contact Kelly Spriggs and Peggy Egbert regarding serving for another five year term on the respective Zoning Boards.
- It was discussed about installing an exit door at the township building. Dr. Freeman stated that he will call Dickie Gloyd for an estimate.
- We have received complaints regarding the empty burned house at 4412 SR 752. Mr. DeFelice will make some calls to see what we can do about it.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 15, 2019 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 15, 2019 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- More companies are requesting payment by ACH debits instead of checks. MaryAnn asked the Trustees to make a ruling on who can be paid by ACH debit vs checks.
A RESOLUTION TO PAY ONLY GOVERNMENT TAXES AND GOVERNMENT RETIREMENT PAYMENTS BY ACH DEBIT. ALL OTHER PAYMENTS MUST BE BY CHECK. Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R 19-104.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R19-105.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 6, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 10:52am.