November 5, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
November 5, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 5, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Fire Department, 3625 SR 752, Ashville, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Jayme from the Prosecutor’s Office is planning to draw up an agreement between the Township Trustees and the Burdaks restricting them to one truck and no semi-truck deliveries.
- The Bailey zoning violation has been sent to the Prosecutor’s office.
- There will be an appeals board meeting on November 25 regarding the Younkin property.
- Someone has put a foundation and headstone at the grave of Donald Crane. We have no contact information for them and it is not set properly.
- Lambert grave has an urn that has been sitting at the gravesite for fifteen years. Spencer Cheek will provide a new urn for the ashes for $125.00 and it will be buried on top of Dorothy Lambert’s grave. The Trustees approved this purchase.
- The block building needs new door trim. The trustees suggested that Kevin check at Lowes for the items he needs to fix this.
- Kevin asked about installing an alarm in the metal building that houses the snow plows and tools. The Trustees asked him to get a price for this.
- Kevin asked to purchase a chain saw sharpener. The Trustees approved up to $70.00 for this.
- The mowing tractor arm assembly needs to be repaired. OPI will repair it for a minimal cost. The Trustees asked Kevin to have them repair it if they can.
- There are many brick pavers that have been removed from the graves and Kevin knows someone who will take them all. The Trustees agreed to giving the pavers and having them removed.
- The snowplow needs to be repaired. The Trustees asked him to have Big Sky do the repair at the cemetery.
- Mr. Peters will call Roese Brothers to look at the area of Lockbourne Eastern Road where the road was blacktopped and there is no berm.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
The Chief presented his report. There were no items requiring action by the Trustees.
OTHER BUSINESS: None
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 1, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 1, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
October 15, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 15, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION OF $42,000.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND TO 2111-220-211-0006 TO PAY THE ADDITIONAL CHARGES TO THE OP&FPF. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-92.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-93.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the November 5, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.