November 4, 2014
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
November 4, 2014
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Paul Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 4, 2014 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Fire Station, 3625 SR 752, Ashville, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also attending were Fire Captain Chad Noggle, Firefighter Beau Ramey, and residents Deborah Sayre, David Smith, and Matt & Rebecca Rayburn. Trustee Keith Peters was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Joe explained that the residents in attendance had complained to him regarding the property at 11252 Bulen Pierce Road owned by Dino Martin. There is a living area above the garage and he currently has someone living there. Our Zoning Resolution 11.02.02B states that there can only be one building used for residency per lot in Harrison Township. Joe asked if the Trustees wanted to file an official zoning violation for this property. The Trustees stated it is clearly in violation with the Zoning Resolution and instructed Joe to file the violation.
- Danny Bailey has been given until November 10th to remove the large items that are in his yard.
- There is a foundation for the grave of Don Boring that is chipped and needs to be repaired. The Trustees agreed that Kevin should have it repaired.
- Kevin stated that he needs to get cold patch. The Trustees approved the purchase of 1.5 ton of cold patch.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Ohio minimum wage will be increased to $8.10/hour on January 1, 2015. This will affect the part time firefighters who are on their first year of probation.
- The Trustees appointed the zoning members whose terms were expiring to another five year term.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT KELLY SPRIGGS TO THE ZONING COMMISSION FOR THE TERM OF 2015 THROUGH 2019. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-91.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT MARGARET EGBERT TO THE ZONING APPEALS BOARD FOR THE TERM OF 2015 THROUGH 2019. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-92.
- The clerk submitted an ad for the position of Zoning Secretary in the Circleville Herald. It was published in the paper on October 25, 28, 29 and 30th. Notices were also posted on our Township website, and at the Township Building and the Fire Station. One application was received by the deadline of November 3, 2014 from Debi Hulse.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE DEBORAH HULSE AS THE ZONING SECRETARY FOR THE ZONING COMMISSION AND THE ZONING APPEALS BOARD AS OF NOVEMBER 5, 2014. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-93.
- The Indigent Burial policy will be discussed at the next meeting.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 21, 2014 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 21, 2014 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R14-94.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the November 4, 2014 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.