November 3, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
November 3, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice-Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of November 3, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Fire Department, 3625 State Route 752, Ashville, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Doug Czako and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Also present were Bill Welsh, Kevin and Staci Elliott, Bill Toole and Warren Spangler.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Kevin and Staci Elliott expressed concern regarding the zoning of the property next to their property on Lockbourne Eastern Road. Mr. DeFelice said there will be a refund to the person who purchased the lot thinking they could build a house on it. The property will remain designated as recreational and agricultural.
- Bill Toole said the county building department is reaping the building fees for the properties being built in Harrison Township and recommended that the Trustees set up a separate building department for the township, so that the township could benefit from the current business building in the northern township. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to take the contract proposing Bill Toole as the township building inspector to Jayme at the Prosecutor’s Office for review. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the trustees voted with three yes votes to have Jayme review the contract and make recommendations.
- Warren Spangler addressed the Trustees to announce that he is running for County Commissioner against Harold “Champ” Henson. He asked those present to sign his petition.
- Doug was present, but no items required action by the Trustees.
- Kevin is finished with the road mowing and asked the Trustees if they still wanted him to take the John Deere road mower to CCI for repairs. The Trustees agreed to have the mower repaired at CCI.
- Kevin needs 20 ton of asphalt screen and 1000 pounds of cold patch. The Trustees approved these purchases.
- We need five 12 foot sign posts. They are $32.00 each. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to spend up to $200.00 for sign posts. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion. The Trustees voted with three yes votes; motion approved.
- Kevin would like to replace the AM/FM radios in each of the snowplows. He has found radios at Auto Zone for $110.00 each. Mr. Welsh made a motion to purchase radios for each snowplow for $110.00 each. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve the motion.
- Kevin, Joey and Beau are planning to attend the county snow plow class on November 18th from 9-1:00.
- UC Solutions are building a fence against the road on Weigand and we will not be able to mow. Mr. DeFelice asked Kevin to stop in and let them know that they would be responsible for mowing that area.
- Kevin asked about a salt box that was given to the township that we are not able to use. He knows someone that can use it. The Trustees told Kevin to give it to someone who could use it.
- Kevin has quotes for four tires for the GMC Snowplow from Shopes for $1272.00 and Best One for $1491.04. Mr. DeFelice made the motion to purchase these tires from Shopes. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief had more information from Bruce Wisecarver, but there was still not a definite cost. Mr. DeFelice asked the Chief to get a price for the overall project from Mr. Wisecarver before we pay him any more money.
At 7:48pm Chief Edgington asked to go into executive session to discuss personnel matters. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to go into executive session. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to enter into executive session.
At 8:18pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to leave executive session.
- The terms expiring in 2015 are Ronde Brushart on the Zoning Commission and Larry Smith on the Appeals Board. Mr. DeFelice will ask Ronde to serve for another five year term. Mr. Smith has been ill and has missed several meetings so we may need to find a new person for the Appeals Board.
- Clark spoke to Bruce at Roese Brothers Paving about the Hoover Road project and they are waiting for Nutter Excavating to do some prep work before they resurface the road. He said both Hoover and the berming of Miller Road will be done before the snow arrives.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
October 20, 2015 Public Hearing: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the public hearing of October 20, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
October 20, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of October 20, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- The clerk presented an invitation for the P3 Celebration Event on Thursday, November 19th. No one was planning to attend.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-82.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the November 3, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:37pm.