May 7, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
May 7, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of May 7, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Firefighters Roger Fitzpatrick, Shawn Davidson, Jonathan Schmidt and Colt Cline were present to sign the Fire Contract.
- Kevin will be out of town on May 11.
- The cemetery work is caught up.
- The road mower has transmission problems and JD has it for repair. They haven’t determined the problem yet. Kevin made several phone calls trying to find a mower we could use and couldn’t find one. Mr. Peters offered to mow the edges of the roadway if the Trustees will pay him for gas and use of his mower. The Trustees agreed to pay Mr. Peters for this.
- There have been reports made of a business being operated out of the property on the corner of Bulen-Pierce and Weigand. The trustees asked Joe to check on it.
- The ponds that were being used for dirt for the East West connector road were to be 26 feet deep. When they got to water they started pumping it which resulted in some wells in Duvall going dry. Fechko Engineering raised the bottom which fixed the problem and they are going to apply for a permit for another pond. Joe asked them to get an engineer’s approval for the next pond.
- There is a house for sale on Bulen-Pierce and the ad says there is a “carriage house” which does not meet our zoning regulations. Joe has notified them.
- Joe has received a complaint regarding a property on Long Street just north of SR 752 and asked both Mr. Clark and Mr. Welsh to look at the property and advise whether he should issue a zoning violation requiring them to clean it up.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- The Firefighter’s Union representatives were present to sign the new three year contract along with the Trustees and the Fire Chief.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE CONTRACT BETWEEN HARRISON TOWNSHIP, PICKAWAY COUNTY AND INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIREFIGHTERS LOCAL 3896, EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2013 THROUGH MAY 31, 2016. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-43.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Medic 803 is back and has been repaired.
- The Chief reported that he has received a bill for the demolition of the house on SR 674 which burned. Sam’s Excavating did the work and the homeowner’s insurance doesn’t want to pay the bill. Sam’s has billed the Fire Department. If we have to pay it, we will have the county auditor attach a lien to the property.
- The termination letter for the zoning appeals secretary was signed by the trustees.
- We did receive $4124.00 from FEMA for the wind damage claim of June 29, 2012. We still need another bid for the roof repair at the cemetery. Mr. Clark will contact Gene List and ask for a recommendation.
- Our grant has been approved by Ohio Public Works for the Duvall/Lockbourne Eastern Road Drainage Improvements for $88,910.00. Each trustee received a copy of the letter.
- Mr. Peters will check with MP Dory to see if they were planning to use new or used guardrail.
- If we want to take advantage of the county engineer’s program for bidding and repairing the township roads, the form must be in by next week. The trustees agreed to have Mr. Peters meet with the county engineer and sign the contract for bids for asphalt repair on Weigand Road and Lockbourne Eastern Road from the Middle School to St. Paul Road, and chip seal Shepherd Road from Picway Road to Bulen Pierce Road.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE MR. PETERS SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THE COUNTY ENGINEER FOR ROAD REPAIR WHERE MOST NEEDED ON TOWNSHIP ROADS, UP TO THE AMOUNT OF $120,000.00 Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-44.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
April 16, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of April 16, 2013 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
The oldest outstanding checks we have are payroll checks from zoning members. The clerk asked if the trustees would adopt an EFT policy only for payroll.
A RESOLUTION STATING THAT ALL REGULAR PAYROLL FOR THE TOWNSHIP WILL BE PAID BY ELECTRIC FUNDS TRANSFER TO A CHECKING OR SAVINGS ACCOUNT AS OF JULY 1, 2013. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-45.
A RESOLUTION THAT EFFECTIVE AS OF JULY 14, 2013, JULY 13, 2014 AND JULY 12, 2015 THE BOARD HAS DETERMINED TO CONTINUE TO PICKUP ALL OF THE MANDATORY CONTRIBUTIONS BY THE EMPLOYEES WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE OHIO POLICE & FIRE PENSION FUND BY PAYING THE CONTRIBUTIONS THROUGH A PAYROLL REDUCTION. (Entire resolution attached.) Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R 13-46.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $250,000.00 FROM THE CITIZENS BANK EMS CHECKING ACCOUNT TO THE MONEY MARKET CHECKING ACCOUNT AT KINGSTON NATIONAL BANK. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-47.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-48.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the May 7, 2013 Board of Trustees Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.