MAY 20, 2020

HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING

May 20, 2020

REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:

Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting via Zoom Videoconference of May 20, 2020 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 8:00am at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio.  Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Trustee Michael Freeman and Fiscal Officer Lindsay Mayse. Joining via Zoom Videoconference were Assistant Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle, Cemetery Sexton/Superintendent Darryl Ward and Road Superintendent Jared Conner. Planning and Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover was absent.

HEARING OF VISITORS:  None

ZONING INSPECTOR:  

  1. DeFelice spoke with Dale to notify him about the Zoning Appeals Board in regards to the quarry project on Weigand Road and State Route 23. Mr. DeFelice also spoke with Jayme from the Prosecutor’s office and she stated that she will be having a conference call with the Appeals Board to discuss legal options. The Appeals Board will try to have the meeting toward the end of June.

ROAD SUPERINTENDENT:

  1. Jared reported that with all of the rain, they had to shut down North of Bulen Pierce between Duvall and Shepherd for one day.
  2. Jared also reported that Shelley Company started on the project at the intersection at Lockbourne Eastern Road and Duvall Road.
  3. The purchase of the dump bed for the old chassis was discussed. A decision was made to purchase the dump bed.

RESOLUTION 20-53

A RESOLUTION TO PURCHASE THE DUMP BED FROM ACE TRUCK BODY FOR $3,857.00, TAKING 70% OF THE AMOUNT FROM THE ROADS EQUIPMENT ACCOUNT AND THE OTHER 30% FROM THE CEMETERY EQUIPMENT ACCOUNT.  Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-53. 

CEMETERY SEXTON/SUPERINTENDENT:

  1. Darryl requested that the township look into getting internet for the cemetery.

RESOLUTION 20-54

A RESOLUTION TO GIVE THE FISCAL OFFICER AUTHORITY TO PURCHASE INTERNET AT THE TOWNSHIP CEMETERY WITH A COST OF NO MORE THAN $75.00.  Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-54.

  1. Darryl reported that the part-time cemetery workers, Kyle and Logan, started on Section 10 of the cemetery.

FIRE CHIEF:

  1. Chief Noggle presented a resignation letter for Rusty Smith resigning effective May 1, 2020. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded to accept the resignation of Rusty Smith. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
  2. Chief Noggle reported that Medic 803 was involved in an accident that was at the fault of the other driver and caused minimal damage to the medic.
  3. Chief Noggle presented an invoice from Ankrom Architects for the station remodel.

RESOLUTION 20-55

A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE ANKROM ARCHITECTS TO PROVIDE A CONCEPTUAL DRAWING FOR THE STATION REMODEL FOR NO MORE THAN $10,000 COMING FROM THE FIRE BUILDING ACCOUNT.  Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. Welsh conded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-55.

  1. Chief Noggle also presented an amortization schedule with multiple amounts for the possible cost of the fire station renovation.

RESOLUTION 20-56

A RESOLUTION TO AUTHORIZE CHIEF NOGGLE AS AN AUTHORIZED AGENT FOR THE FEMA REIMBURSEMENT GRANT.  Dr. Freeman moved, Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-56.

OTHER BUSINESS:

  1. DeFelice moved and Mr Welsh seconded to require that masks be worn during all meetings and union negotiations until further notice. The Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.

ACTION ON MINUTES:

May 6, 2020 Regular Meeting:  Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 6, 2020 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.

FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:

RESOLUTION 20-57

A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP.  Mr. DeFelice moved, Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R20-57.

ADJOURNMENT:

With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice  seconded the motion to adjourn the May 20, 2020 Board of Trustee Meeting.  All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 9:25am.