May 1, 2017

HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING

May 1, 2017

REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:

Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of May 1, 2017 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio.  Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott and Fire Chief Eric Edgington. Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse were absent.  Resident Kenny Cookson was also present.

HEARING OF VISITORS:

  1. Mr. Clark said Kenny Cookson is willing to help with mowing at the cemetery. The Trustees explained that Kevin or Joey would contact him when they need help with the cemetery mowing, so there are no regular work hours.  The Clerk gave Mr. Cookson paperwork to enroll in OPERS and an employee information sheet to complete.

RESOLUTION 17-33

A RESOLUTION TO HIRE KENNY COOKSON TO MOW AT THE CEMETERY WHEN NEEDED FOR $12.00 PER HOUR, STARTING IMMEDIATELY.  Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the resolution and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-33. 

ZONING INSPECTOR:  No Report.

ROAD/CEMETERY SUPERINTENDENT:

  1. The Clerk received an estimate for tires. The Trustees will wait until Kevin returns to find out what vehicle these are for.
  2. Mr. DeFelice presented a prepared a Traffic Sign Grant Obligations/Requirement Agreement for the Villages of Ashville and South Bloomfield to sign regarding the ODOT Sign Grant. The Trustees approved this agreement.

FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT: 

  1. The new engine has been delivered and the firefighters have been training on it.
  2. The Pickaway Ross Career & Technology Center has offered to purchase the 2006 Ambulance for $750.00. The Trustees stated they would accept this amount.  The Chief will get a contract as per ORC 505.101 and a check from Pickaway Ross.

OTHER BUSINESS:

  1. Mr. DeFelice reported that the District Advisory Council voted 12 to 7 to accept the funding of the Health District at 60% with the City of Circleville paying the remaining 40%. These percentages will be in effect for five years.

ACTION ON MINUTES: 

April 18, 2017 Regular Meeting:  Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of April 18, 2017 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes.  Motion carried. 

FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:

  1. The Township Safe Deposit Box at Kingston Bank has been closed and all items moved to a Safe Deposit Box at The Savings Bank in Ashville.
  2. Mr. Kuhlwein at the Savings Bank asked if we could close the PO Box used for EMS payments and have the payments sent directly to the Bank for processing. The Fire Chief will look into this.

RESOLUTION 17-34

A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP.  Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-34.

ADJOURNMENT:

With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the May 1, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting.  All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:25pm.