June 7, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
June 7, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Doug Clark called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 7, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako. Trustee Bill Welsh was absent.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Larry Valentine inquired about placing a sign at Weigand and Ashville Pike for an Ashville church. Mr. DeFelice told Doug to refer to the sign requirements/restrictions in the Zoning Resolution. He had asked about waiving the fees since it is a non-profit, but the Trustees stated if they waive the fees for one organization, they would have to waive them for every non-profit that wants to install a sign.
- Mr. DeFelice received a complaint about high weeds at the intersection of Cromley Road and 316 that make it difficult to see cross traffic. The weeds are behind the fence on the owner’s property. Kevin called and was told the property was part of the Cromley estate and is farmed by Ron Clifton. Mr. DeFelice will ask Ron Clifton if he will cut down those weeds.
- Kevin will be on vacation June 9 & 10th. He would like to have several hours off during the week of the County Fair, June 20-24. The Trustees approved this time off as long as all funerals are covered.
- There are a lot of shepherd hooks and miscellaneous things being left on graves. Mr. Clark told Kevin to remove any items that are not allowed (as per the Cemetery Rules) by the end of this week.
- The new sections have been plotted, but the maps aren’t ready. The clerk will call Craig and John Horsley and make sure they have each other’s phone numbers.
- The 2003 Chevy A/C compressor is not working. The Trustees asked Kevin to take it to Duke’s for an estimate.
- Mr. DeFelice informed Kevin that the BWC grant has been approved for the Cemetery safety items and instructed Kevin NOT to order these items until after we have received the money.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Capital City should have all of the materials to start the bathroom remodel this week and they are hoping to complete everything by July 1.
- Mr. Clark signed the Horton contract for the newly ordered medic.
- The Chief is ordering 18 new radios for the department that will work with the new countywide system. If ordered before the end of the month, he can order them at a discounted price of $1999.00 each. He is purchasing these out of his budgeted Machinery, Equipment and Furniture Account.
- The Trustees discussed the scheduled meeting for June 21, 2016. The clerk will be on vacation. Mr. DeFelice moved that the June 21 meeting be cancelled. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve the motion. The clerk will post the cancellation notice on the website, the township building door and the fire department.
- The clerk has received paperwork from TD Ameritrade that needs to be signed for the new 457 plan for the firefighters. She will send this paperwork to Jayme Fountain, Assistant Prosecutor for review.
- Franklin Christman wants to meet with the Trustees to form a North Gate Alliance Foundation and has asked for a date when the Trustees could meet. Mr. Clark will find out what this is about.
- We have received questions regarding the zoning legal notices. Mr. Clark will ask the zoning secretary to attend the next meeting.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
May 17, 2016 Public Hearing: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the public hearing of May 17, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
May 17, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of May 17, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-46.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to adjourn the June 7, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.