July 21, 2015
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
July 21, 2015
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 21, 2015 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Keith Peters, Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Residents Bill Welsh and Joey Clark were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS: None
- Jim Wells resigned from the Zoning Commission because he moved out of the township.
- Kevin requested July 30 and 31 off for vacation. The Trustees agreed to these days of vacation.
- Kevin asked for a radio for Joey to use when plowing snow. There was then a discussion of how many radios the road department had vs. how many we are billed for. We are billed for four, but Kevin only has one. The Fire Chief will investigate this.
- The Road Mower has numerous problems. Mr. Peters presented bids for a new tractor and mower. No decision was made at this meeting.
- The air-conditioning has gone out on the 2003 Chevy roads truck.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE REPAIR OF THE AIR CONDITIONING UNIT IN THE 2003 CHEVY TRUCK FOR $400.00. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-49.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief presented the attached Chief’s report.
- A Site Survey is needed before we can go any further with the building plans and the Chief would like to have this done. It would be approximately $3000.00.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE HAVING A SITE SURVEY DONE FOR THE FIRE DEPARTMENT PROPERTY FOR APPROXIMATELY $3000.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-50.
- Mr. Peters asked how much of the road that is being paved under County contract does the board want to have striped. The cost is $1100.00 per mile, and we are having a little over three and a half miles paved. Mr. Welsh suggested that it all be striped, especially for the Fire Department and for safety. When it is dark, it’s hard to see the berm without the striping.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE ALL OF THE ROADS INCLUDED IN THE TOWNSHIP PAVING PROJECT UNDER COUNTY CONTRACT STRIPED AT THE COST OF $1100.00 PER MILE. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-51.
- Mr. Clark is waiting to hear back from Chris Mullins regarding making Bulen-Pierce a “No Passing” zone.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
July 7, 2015 Regular meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 7, 2015 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R15-52.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Peters moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to adjourn the July 21, 2015 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:45pm.