July 2, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
July 2, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 2, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington. Craig Stevenson from Harral and Stevenson and residents Randy Arledge and Walt Hardbarger were also present. Trustee Doug Clark and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse were absent.
- Joe received a call regarding the property that is for sale on Bulen Pierce advertising a “Carriage House.” He had called the Prosecutor’s office several weeks ago and was told to call the realtor listing the property and inform them that it is a violation of our zoning code to have two residents on one lot. He received a call asking if the new owner’s son could live in the Carriage House and he checked with the Prosecutor’s Office. Jayme said only immediate family can live there.
- The property owners on Bulen-Pierce who are running a business from their home have not yet applied for a zoning change. Joe has called him three or four times and left messages that have not been returned. The Trustees asked him to send a second zoning violation with a copy to the prosecutor.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Craig from Harral and Stevenson asked if the packet from Ohio Public Works Commission has been received. We have not received it yet, but it needs to be signed and returned to start the project.
- We will need to get a grading easement of 15 to 20 feet from the property owners for this project. Craig will draft the letter using the county form and stating a deadline.
- Craig also discussed different options for repairing Hoover Road at SR 752. No decisions were made at this time.
- Craig presented a Proposal for Professional Services for the Lockbourne Eastern Road Project to be signed by the Trustees for a Lump Sum Fee of $4500.00 for their services. The Trustees signed this agreement.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE HARRAL AND STEVENSON TO SERVE AS PROJECT MANAGER AS DEFINED BY THE OHIO PUBLIC WORKS COMMISSION FOR ISSUE 1 FUNDED PROJECTS FOR THE LOCKBOURNE EASTERN ROAD OPWC PROJECT #CQ33Q. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-58.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE OPEC PROJECT #CQ33Q AND HAVE TRUSTEE KEITH PETERS SIGN THE AGREEMENT AND RETURN IT TO OPWC. Mr, Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R 13-59.
- Randy Arledge asked if the county had been out to look at the water problem on Northern Lockbourne Eastern Road. Mr. Peters stated that they had set a date, but cancelled and have not been out yet.
- Walt Hardbarger said the Village of Ashville is planning to put in four turn lanes at Ashville Pike and SR 752 with a full curb, blocking access to his piece of property which is a separate parcel from the one his house is on. Mr. Peters will call the Prosecutor’s office to find out what they suggest.
Kevin was absent.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Ashville asked the Chief for authorization to remove the fire hydrant at Plum and School Street because it would cost $8000.00 to repair it. The Chief told them that he would not authorize it and felt they should repair or replace it. There is a hydrant across the street which is a school hydrant.
- Beau Ramey passed his medic school.
- Medic 803 is out of service again. The Chief has borrowed a medic from Scioto to run as a third out on July 4th.
- The Chief asked if one of the Trustees could attend the safety council meeting on July 9th at 11:30 at the Circleville Fire Department. Mr. Peters will attend.
- Colt Cline and Jonathan Schmidt have agreed to represent the union on the Insurance Committee for this year.
A RESOLUTION TO APPOINT AN INSURANCE COMMITTEE TO MEET WITH OHIO INSURANCE REGARDING OUR MEDICAL POLICY FOR NEXT YEAR CONSISTING OF TRUSTEE PAUL WELSH, CHIEF ERIC EDGINGTON, MARYANN ELLIOTT, COLT CLINE AND JONATHAN SCHMIDT. Mr, Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R 13-60.
The clerk presented an invoice from the County Commissioners for the North Gate Alliance Cooperative Economic Development Agreement Land-Use and Development Plan for $10,050.00. The Trustees said this is to be paid from the General Fund.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FROM THE GENERAL FUND TO OTHER EXPENSES 1000-110-599-0000 IN THE AMOUNT OF $10,000.00 TO PAY THE TOWNSHIP’S PORTION OF THE NORTH GATE ALLIANCE COOPERATIVE ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT LAND USE AND DEVELOPMENT PLAN AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-61.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 4, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 4, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R13-62.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded the motion to adjourn the July 2, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm.