July 19, 2016
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
July 19, 2016
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Vice-Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of June 19, 2016 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Trustee Doug Clark and Zoning Inspector Doug Czako were absent. Zoning Secretary Debi Hulse and Resident Preston Vance were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Preston Vance was present to find out the date for the Public Hearing he has requested for re-zoning of his property at 10858 E SR 762. The Trustees reviewed the Zoning Commission’s recommendation to accept the Vance property as a Planned Business with modifications. The public hearing was scheduled for August 16, 2016 at 6:30pm.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- There are three part time firefighters leaving soon.
- The bathroom remodel has been completed.
- The Chief has several firefighters who will be going to training classes this fall and needs to move funds into Other Expenses (Training) Account.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE TRANSFER OF $4000.00 FROM REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE 2111-220-323-000 TO OTHER EXPENSES (TRAINING) 2111-220-599-0007 AND A BLANKET CERTIFICATE FOR THE SAME. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-49.
A RESOLUTION TO CONTINUE OUR CURRENT POLICY OF NOT HIRING ANY ADDITIONAL RESERVE FIREFIGHTERS THROUGH THE END OF 2016. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-50.
- The Trustees discussed some of the expectations and requirements for the position of zoning secretary with Debi Hulse and asked for any input Debi might have regarding the position so that a handbook can be written to clarify the different aspects and requirements of the job.
- The 2003 Chevy needs new tires. Shopes Tires provided two estimates for different tires. The Trustees discussed the estimates and Mr. DeFelice moved that Kevin purchase four new tires, buying the lower priced tires if available, up to a total of $775.00. Welsh seconded the motion and the motion was approved.
- The cost for the repair of the air-conditioner in the 2003 Chevy could run up to $1500.00 and Kevin suggested we not have it repaired at this time. The Trustees agreed.
- Kevin asked for July 29th for vacation. Mr. Welsh and Mr. DeFelice approved this time off.
- The Trustees discussed the issue of mausoleums at the cemetery. They decided to add the following to the list of Cemetery Rules and Regulations:
A RESOLUTION TO REVISE THE CEMETERY RULES AND REGULATIONS TO ADD #15. NO MAUSOLEUM IS ALLOWED WITHOUT THE WRITTEN CONSENT OF THE HARRISON TOWNSHIP BOARD OF TRUSTEES. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-51.
- Doug Czako was not present but the Trustees reviewed the other recommendations from the zoning commission.
- The Zoning Appeals Board asked about alternates for the Appeals Board. The Trustees do not want alternates on the board. These positions are appointed only by the Trustees.
- The Zoning Commission asked the Trustees to have the Renick property mowed. The Clerk will send a letter to the owners regarding the mowing and if they do not have it mowed, the Trustees will have it mowed and charged to the owners.
- The Commission also asked about the safety and security of the Renick property. Mr. DeFelice will follow up with the building department and the health department about these issues. Letters were sent to both departments in 2015 and nothing has been done.
- The Commission recommended that the Strategic Land Use Plan be updated. Mr. DeFelice stated that it is not to be updated. It is a guideline, not a hard and fast rule. It would require meetings with Pickaway County Commissioners, Ashville Village Council and the Trustees. We do not have the funds to re-do this plan at this time.
- The Trustees asked the clerk to invite Ashville Administrator Franklin Christman to attend the next Trustee meeting to explain the purpose and need for forming a Foundation.
- Mr. DeFelice reported that Circleville has given a six month notice to leave the County Health Department and form its own health department. There is a meeting on August 9th regarding this and Mr. DeFelice is planning to attend. The Trustees agreed that they will vote to encourage Circleville to stay with the County Health Department until the end of 2017 which will give the townships and villages the opportunity to raise the additional funds that will be required of them.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
The minutes from the June 7, 2016 meeting could not be approved as there was only one Trustee present who attended that meeting.
July 5, 2016 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 5, 2016 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
The clerk reported that the audit has been completed for the years 2014 & 2015 and the report from the auditing company should be available at the next meeting.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2017 AS PRESENTED AND ATTACHED. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-52.
The clerk asked if either Trustee would like to attend the Budget Hearings. Mr. DeFelice would like to attend. The clerk will find out what date the hearings will be held.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R16-53.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the July 19, 2016 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:40pm.