July 17, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
July 17, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of July 17, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott was absent. Employees Darryl Ward, Jim Baker, and Pending New Fire Chief Chad Noggle were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Jim Baker presented a completed application for his son Kyle Baker for part time work with the township.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE KYLE BAKER TO WORK PART-TIME AT THE CEMETERY AND ROADS DEPARTMENT FOR $10.00/HOUR STARTING AFTER ALL EMPLOYMENT PAPERS ARE RECEIVED AND APPROVED BY THE FISCAL OFFICER. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-67.
- Dale Hoover had nothing pending and no new permits.
- Kevin has been off for the last two weeks. Kevin gave the trustees a Doctor’s excuse for the time off. Trustees asked Kevin for more details from the Doctor.
- Joe suggested increasing Darryl Ward’s pay while he is acting supervisor at the cemetery.
A RESOLUTION TO INCREASE DARRYL WARD’S PAY AT THE CEMETERY TO $15.00/HOUR RETROACTIVELY TO JULY 9 AND UNTIL HE IS NO LONGER WORKING IN A SUPERVISORY POSITION AND TO PERMIT DARRYL TO WORK UP TO FORTY HOURS PER WEEK, IF NEEDED. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-68.
- Darryl updated us on road mowing, all good at this time. Guardrails will be sprayed.
- New Mower not delivered yet, total cost $6,907.00. Could not get deluxe seat, got extra set of blades.
- Joe DeFelice told all workers that an expense sheet must be used with all purchases.
- Joe DeFelice told all employees that trucks need to stay at Township Building after work. Kevin questioned if this rule will remain when he returns. He was told yes, it would remain in effect.
- An onsite gasoline tank storage was discussed. Lykins proposed cost and we will take a closer look at containment / theft issues.
- 2003 Chevy 2500 Truck. We can take any bid if valued under $2000 without advertisement. With amount of the repair needed for the truck we placed a value of $1800. All bids will be accepted.
- Lance /Pickaway County Engineers: our bid to chip and seal was around $104,000. The unit cost was down this year so we saved $24,000. Lance also gave us a price of $4,471 for pavement marking. We tabled conversation until next meeting.
- Pending Fire Chief Chad Noggle wants August 7th decision for a new Fire Captain and August 19th to be the new start date. Will post for 2 new Full time Fire Fighters July 18-August 10th. Motion by Joe to approve hiring dates, Bill seconded motion, motion unanimously passed.
- Projects update,
- Bay doors are done, at this time, waiting for electric in barn, electric will be done Thursday.
- Stairs should be starting soon, they submitted drawings but needed to add drawing of door on the building.
- July 4th celebration went well considering the heat. There were 17 runs on Saturday.
- Need to swear in new part-time and full-time Fire Fighters. We want to do this all at one time.
- Pending Fire Chief Chad Noggle asked for Executive session to discuss issues. Roll call made, Bill Welsh, Joe DeFelice, Mike Freeman. Vote taken and approved to enter Executive session at 7:52pm. Executive session ended at 8:39pm.
- David Hubin Re: Cholera cemetery, asked for his group to dig again late in September/October.
A RESOLUTION TO PERMIT THE OHIO STATE COLLEGE OF ARTS AND SCIENCES/DEPARTMENT OF ANTHROPOLOGY TO PERFORM MORE DIGS AT THE CHOLERA CEMETERY THIS YEAR. Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-69.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
June 19, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of June 19, 2018 and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATION OF HARRISON TOWONSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-70.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Michael Freeman moved Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the July 17, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:45pm.