February 21, 2017
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
February 21, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of February 21, 2017 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Mike Burch, Field Engineer with Telecom Services was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Mike Burch is a contractor for AT&T who plans to install a fiber optic cable system on public and private easements parallel to the east side of Lockbourne Eastern, the south side of St Paul, the east side of Ashville Pike and the north side of Rickenbacker Parkway roads, crossing the north side of Hoover, the south side of Lockbourne Eastern, the east side of St Paul, Miller and Airbase Roads. He presented prints of the proposed work. There was discussion about the depth of the cable and the Trustees asked that they maintain a depth of 48” below any structure. The Trustees asked him to complete our Right of Way Application and file it with the Zoning Inspector and they also requested “as builts” for the use of our road crew.
- Dale asked about current zoning violations that have not been corrected. The Trustees explained which zoning violations were still outstanding.
- Dale spoke with Nate Green regarding the NorthPoint property. The Trustees explained that the property has already been rezoned except for the four properties with houses that NorthPoint purchased. There will be a public hearing on March 7th at 6:30 regarding rezoning those properties.
- Kevin stated he will return from his vacation on May 10th. The Trustees approved this change.
- Kevin had to work on Monday, President’s Day. He will take Friday, February 24th as his holiday. Matt Scholl will cover the cemetery if there is a funeral. The Trustees approved this change of holiday.
- One of the zero turn mowers is not working. Shane from All Power Equipment will look at it and provide an estimate for a minimum of two hours at $65.00 an hour. The Trustees approved this expense.
- The Fire Department did a fire inspection of the buildings at the cemetery. One issue that needs to be corrected is the need for pipe bollards in front of the propane tank so that the tank won’t be hit with a vehicle. Mr. DeFelice has extra pipe bollards at his business property and asked Kevin to get two of them and have them installed.
- Welsh asked about selling the 2003 Chevy. The Trustees will advertise it at the same time they advertise the used ambulance, once the new one is in service.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- Horton has notified the Chief that the new ambulance will be delivered the week of March 6th. The Clerk has sent letters to the three local banks requesting financing for the new ambulance and the new fire engine.
- The new engine should arrive the end of March. It will probably go into service in May.
- The Chief asked about discrepancies with the items insured with Hummel and Plum. There was some discussion regarding why we are dealing with OTARMA and Hummel and Plum. The Clerk will call to get clarification regarding this from OTARMA.
- The Firefighter’s Union has asked if the Trustees could meet earlier on March 15th for Union negotiations. The Trustees agreed to meet at 5:30 to 7:30pm.
- The Trustees signed the 2017 County Wide Resurfacing Estimate for Dennis Road, Old Duvall Court East and Old Duvall Court West for $13,185.00 and signed the Purchase Order for the same.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
February 7, 2017 Regular Meeting: Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of February 7, 2017 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
February 16, 2017 Special Meeting: The minutes for this meeting need to be corrected and will be approved at the next meeting.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-15.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded the motion to adjourn the February 21, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:15pm.