December 4, 2018
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
December 04, 2018
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Joe DeFelice called the Regular Trustee Meeting of December 4, 2018 to order with the Pledge of Allegiance at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Mike Freeman, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Chad Noggle and Road/Cemetery Employee Darryl Ward. Firefighter Bobby Wall and resident Robert Gonzalez were also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Robert Gonzalez of 13473 Hoover Road was present to request that the Trustees conduct a traffic study on Hoover Road. Mr. DeFelice has discussed this with Anthony Neff of the Engineer’s office and stated that if the Trustees requested a traffic study for Hoover Road it could take a year or longer before it is done and if the majority of traffic is traveling at 55 mph or higher, the speed limit may not be lowered. The cost to schedule a study on our own is up to $3000.00. Mr. Gonzalez asked to have the sheriff’s office monitor Hoover Road during heavy traffic hours. Mr. DeFelice will contact Officer Carpenter to request this and will call Mr. Neff to discuss the details of a traffic study.
- Dale was absent from the meeting. He has issued the second zoning violation for Greenlawn and has sent it to the Prosecutor’s office.
- Mr. DeFelice spoke to Lisa Darnell and she has agreed to serve on the Zoning Commission for the five year term 2019-2023.
- Darryl will not be able to work on December 20th.
- Semi trucks are continuing to get stuck and running off the road at the intersection of Lockbourne Eastern Road and Duvall Road.
- Darryl asked to purchase an acetylene torch, hoses and gauges from Roads Fund: Equipment. Mr. DeFelice made a motion to approve this purchase not to exceed $300.00. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve the motion.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Darryl to get a couple of estimates for the cost of adding a “lean-to” to the Township Building to store the Road Mower.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief reported that the door on the emergency exit stairs has still not been corrected.
- The Chief contacted both applicants on the list for full-time firefighter, but they declined the position. He will post the job description and soon after will post the part-time job description.
- The Fire Department Christmas party is Saturday, December 8 at 6:30pm.
- The Utility Truck and Medic 801 are at Coughlin for repairs.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $8000.00 FROM FIRE: WORKERS’ COMP TO FIRE: REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-110.
The Chief asked to go into executive session to discuss numerous personnel issues. The Trustees chose to finish other business before going into executive session.
- The Fiscal Officer has received recordings from most of the Zoning Public Hearings for the last two years.
- The final health insurance figures for 2019 have been received. The payroll deductions are pretty much the same as 2018, but the total deductible for employees/families has doubled.
- None of the officers are planning to attend the Trustee and Fiscal Officers’ Annual Banquet on December 15th. All townships are requested to send a gift. The Trustee approved the purchase of a $25.00 gift card for Bob Evans.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
November 20, 2018 Public Hearing: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the public hearing of November 20, 2018 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion. Dr. Freeman abstained from voting as he was absent from the hearing.
November 20, 2018 Regular Meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of November 20, 2018 and the Trustees voted with two affirmative votes to approve the motion. Dr. Freeman abstained from voting as he was absent from the hearing.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $25,000.00 FROM FIRE: MACHINERY, EQUIPMENT AND FURNITURE TO FIRE: PART-TIME SALARIES. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-111.
A RESOLUTION TO REALLOCATE $1000.00 FROM GENERAL: ELECTION EXPENSES TO GENERAL: HEALTH INSURANCE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-112.
A RESOLUTION TO MOVE $300,000.00 FROM THE EMS BILLING CHECKING ACCOUNT TO THE GENERAL CHECKING. Mr. Welsh moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-113.
A RESOLUTION TO CALL A SPECIAL MEETING ON DECEMBER 31, 2018 AT 9:30AM TO APPROVE END OF THE YEAR PAYMENTS AND 2019 APPROPRIATIONS. Mr. DeFelice moved and Dr. Freeman seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-114.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three affirmative votes to approve R18-115.
Dr. Freeman made a motion to go into executive session at 7:50pm to discuss personnel issues at the Fire Department and invited Chief Chad Noggle to join the executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
At 8:43pm Mr. Welsh made a motion to leave executive session. Dr. Freeman seconded the motion and the Trustees voted: Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Welsh, yes; Dr. Freeman, yes.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Dr. Freeman moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the December 4, 2018 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting adjourned at 8:55pm.