August 6, 2013
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES MEETING
August 6, 2013
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Keith Peters called the Regular Trustee Meeting of August 6, 2013 to order at 7:00pm at the Township Hall, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Paul Welsh, Trustee Doug Clark, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Zoning Inspector Joe DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Resident Randy Arledge was also present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- Randy Arledge asked if there was any news regarding the ditch in front of his property. Mr. Peters stated that he had walked along the ditch today with Steve Smith and then called the engineer and they are going to tie Arledge’s ditch into the ditch running south.
- There was a complaint regarding the amount of trash, junk and debris at the Bailey property at 10925 Lockbourne Eastern Road and Joe has issued a notice of zoning violation.
- There has been no response to the second notice of zoning violation issued to Pavel & Taisa Burdak at 12465 Bulen Pierce Road and Joe’s phone calls have not been returned. The Trustees will ask the Prosecutor’s Office to proceed with this violation through the courts.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE THE PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE PROCEED WITH THE ZONING VIOLATION AGAINST PAVEL AND TAISA BURDAK OF 13465 BULEN PIERCE ROAD, LOCKBOURNE, OH 43137. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-65.
- The Trustees will hold a public hearing regarding the re-zoning of property on Picway Road and SR 23 before the next meeting on August 20th at 6:30pm..
- Kevin requested August 18-22 off for vacation. The Trustees approved this time off.
- Kevin looked at the three catch basins on northern Lockbourne Eastern Road that need to be repaired. They should be less than $2000.00 each to repair.
A RESOLUTION TO HAVE SAM’S EXCAVATING REPAIR THE THREE CATCH BASINS ON NORTHERN LOCKBOURNE EASTERN ROAD FOR A TOTAL OF $6000.00 OR LESS. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-66.
- Kevin will notify Will at Sam’s Excavating.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The realtor would like to reduce the asking price for the South Bloomfield property to $69,000.00.
A RESOLUTION TO REDUCE THE PRICE FOR THE SOUTH BLOOMFIELD PROPERTY, LISTED WITH MICHELLE LUGENBEEL TO $69,000.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-67.
- The Chief posted the requirements for the Captain’s position and gave today as a deadline to have applications returned. Four firefighter’s have turned in applications and so there will be an interview process. Mr. Welsh agreed to sit in on the interviews from the Trustee Board.
At 7:24pm Mr. Clark asked to go into executive session to discuss personel matters regarding this selection and made the motion to do so. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to enter executive session.
At 7:33pm Mr. Clark made the motion to leave executive session. Mr. Welsh seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to leave executive session.
- The clerk passed out newspaper articles from both the Herald and the Dispatch regarding the JEDD.
- Ashville Propane is offering a reduced rate for propane fills by the end of August. The Trustees do want to take advantage of the reduced rate and will have Kevin call and schedule this.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
July 2, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Peters seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 2, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Mr. Clark abstained from voting as he was not present at the July 2 meeting. Motion carried.
July 16, 2013 Regular meeting: Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of July 16, 2013 and the Trustees voted with two yes votes. Mr. Peters abstained from voting as he was not present at the July 16 meeting. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
- We need a resolution to accept the Frank Gates OTARMA Group rating program for 2014.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE GROUP EXPERIENCE RATING PROGRAM ENROLLMENT FOR WORKERS’ COMPENSATION INSURANCE FOR 2014 AND PAY THE FRANK GATES SERVICE FEE OF $2754.00. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R13-68.
- The clerk asked to move the safe deposit box from Citizens Bank to Kingston National Bank in South Bloomfield since all but one of the cd’s are with Kingston now.
A RESOULUTION TO CLOSE THE SAFE DEPOSIT BOX AT CITIZENS BANK AND OPEN A NEW SAFE DEPOSIT BOX AT KINGSTON NATIONAL BANK IN SOUTH BLOOMFIELD. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded and the Trustees voted with three votes to approve R13-69.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R13-70.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. Welsh seconded the motion to adjourn the August 6, 2013 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 7:55pm.