April 18, 2017
HARRISON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEE MEETING
April 18, 2017
REGULAR MEETING CALL TO ORDER:
Chairman Bill Welsh called the Regular Trustee Meeting of April 18, 2017 to order at 7:00pm at the Harrison Township Building, 2746 Weigand Road, Lockbourne, Ohio. Attending were Trustee Doug Clark, Trustee Joe DeFelice, Trustee Bill Welsh, Fiscal Officer MaryAnn Elliott, Fire Chief Eric Edgington, Zoning Inspector Dale Hoover and Road/Cemetery Superintendent Kevin Hulse. Firefighters Beau Ramey, Colt Cline, Matthew Scholl and Brian Kirkpatrick were present.
HEARING OF VISITORS:
- The Firefighters were present to sign the Collective Bargaining Agreement effective June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2020. This contract was signed by Trustees Welsh and DeFelice, Fire Chief Eric Edgington and Firefighters Ramey, Cline, Scholl and Kirkpatrick.
A RESOLUTION TO ACCEPT THE NEW CONTRACT WITH THE INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF FIREFIGHTERS LOCAL 3896 EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2017 THROUGH MAY 31, 2020. Mr. Welsh moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with two yes votes to approve R17-28.
- Dale has issued 2nd Notices of Zoning Violations to AEP Generation Resources, Inc., Robert J Duffy, and Patricia Boyd/Davina Martin and has sent these notices to the Prosecutor’s Office.
- Jayme has asked the Trustees to choose a priority zoning violation that they would like her to persue. Mr. DeFelice moved to have her file against Danny and Teresa Bailey first. Mr. Clark seconded the motion and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this motion. The Clerk will notify Jayme.
- Dale Hoover, Debi Hulse and MaryAnn Elliott were all served court summons notifying us that Columbus Bituminous Concrete Corporation et al has filed against Harrison Township Board of Zoning Appeals in Common Pleas Court. Jayme Fountain, Assistant Prosecutor is representing us in this case.
- Kevin asked to be off June 16 and 17. Friday, June 16 would be paid as a vacation day. Mr. DeFelice moved, Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve this time off.
- The clerk received an email regarding the headstone of John T Bragg in Section 9 which has slid off of the foundation. His daughter asked if we could fix it. After some discussion, the Trustees stated that Kevin could reattach the stone for $100.00 or she could contact Spence Cheek about getting a new foundation and attaching the stone to it. The Clerk will notify her.
- Kevin and Joey cleaned out the ditch on Bulen-Pierce Road where someone had dumped three TVs, three entertainment centers, a computer and vacuums.
- The Clerk gave Kevin a recall notice for the 2017 Ford F-250.
- Coughlin Ford continues to bill us for the amount they said they would remove from our account.
- Mr. DeFelice received a call from Chad Havens regarding water that is backing up from the field south of his property. Kevin said there’s nothing we can do if it’s in a farmer’s field.
- Mr. DeFelice and Kevin drove all of the township roads and have a list for new signs to get through the sign grant.
- Mr. DeFelice asked Kevin to explain to all employees never to shut down the mowers from a full-throttle to off as it will ruin the engine.
- Mike Pettibone submitted a proposal for repairing the entrance of the cemetery. The area would be 50’ x 18’ with six inch wire reinforced concrete for $4800.00. The Trustees approved this repair if it can be done in two sections so that people would be able to drive into the cemetery.
A RESOLUTION TO HIRE MIKE PETTIBONE TO REPAIR THE 50’ X 18’ ENTRANCE TO THE CEMETERY WITH SIX INCH WIRE REINFORCED CONCRETE FOR $4800.00 IF IT CAN BE DONE IN TWO SECTIONS SO THE CEMETERY REMAINS ACCESSABLE. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-29.
FIRE CHIEF’S REPORT:
- The Chief said the new lettering on the building looks great.
- The new fire engine should be delivered on the 24th or 25th. The Clerk asked the Trustees to sign the loan documents at The Savings Bank on the 21st.
A RESOLUTION FOR A SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATION FOR $240,397.00 FROM THE FIRE FUND TO FIRE MOTOR VEHICLES 2111-760-750-0000 AND A PURCHASE ORDER FOR THE SAME AMOUNT. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-30.
- Mr. DeFelice has been working with the Railroad regarding the Old Duvall Court East traffic and the problems it is causing. They did clean the road. He is going to meet with someone about the road.
- The Clerk asked if the Trustees wanted to purchase a new sign with meeting times and information for the Township Building. She will call Signs of Integrity for an estimate.
- The ADAMH Board has asked for an endorsement of the Paint Valley Board Levy. The Trustees did not wish to endorse the levy.
- The Pickaway Soil & Water Conservation District wants a representative from each group to assist with their project. Mr. DeFelice will contact them for more information.
- The Trustees revisited the Chief’s Pay and Benefits Contract.
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE THE FIRE CHIEF’S PAY AND BENEFITS AGREEMENT DATED APRIL 18, 2017 WITH NEW PAY EFFECTIVE APRIL 16, 2017. Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded and the Trustees voted as follows: Mr. Welsh, yes; Mr. DeFelice, yes; Mr. Clark, yes. The vote was unanimous to approve R17-31.
ACTION ON MINUTES:
April 4, 2017 Regular Meeting: Mr. DeFelice moved and Mr. Clark seconded a motion to approve the minutes of the regular meeting of April 4, 2017 and the Trustees voted with three yes votes. Motion carried.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT:
A RESOLUTION TO APPROVE AND PAY THE ATTACHED LIST OF BILLS AS THE LAWFUL OBLIGATIONS OF HARRISON TOWNSHIP. Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded and the Trustees voted with three yes votes to approve R17-32.
With no further comments and all scheduled matters attended to, Mr. Clark moved and Mr. DeFelice seconded the motion to adjourn the April 18, 2017 Board of Trustee Meeting. All were in favor and the meeting was adjourned at 8:10pm.